Monday, October 01, 2007

uh oh

Okay, so I was listening to this Sufjan Stevens playlist I have on my MP3 player. And... somehow I got Sublime on there. Between two very sad, slow Sufjan songs. This is.... very jarring.

Aside from style differences, which is probably the most hilarious thing but doesn't mean anything to you if you're not familiar with both of these bands, I want you to look at the lyrics

Song before Sublime: Flint

Lyrics:

"Since the first of June
Lost my job
And lost my room
I pretend to try
Even if I tried alone"

"It's the same outside
Driving to the riverside
I pretend to cry
Even if I cried alone"

Sublime. Wrong Way. Starts with:

"Annie's 12 years old
In two more she'll be a whore"

Then of course, my favorite:

"A cigarette
Pressed between her lips
But I'm starin' at her tits
It's the wrong way
Strong if I can
But I am only a man
So I take her to the can"

Song after Sublime: For the Widows

Lyrics:

"I've have called you children
I have called you son
What is there to answer
If I'm the only one
Morning comes in Paradise
Morning comes in light
Still I must obey
Still I must invite

"I was dressed in embarassment
I was dressed in white
If you had a part of me
Will you take your time
Even if I come back
Even if I die
Is there some idea
To replace my life"

Good times. It gave me a laugh.

0 comments: