Monday, October 08, 2007

stuff 'n' things

So, I actually have been going out and doing things! Sort of. The complete irony of blogging is generally if you are actually doing anything worth blogging about, you probably are too busy to blog. I mean, I always have time for crazy rants about tan to let off steam, I guess, but anyway, the things that I have actually been doing lately:

--Last Weds: Of Montreal concert with Opt! They played my favorite three songs (The Party is Crashing Us, Gronlandic Edit, So Begins Our Alabee) among their first 4. I put bright red stickers on my boobs in an effort to out-hipster the hipsters, but largely just felt stupid. I did get a high five RE: my boob stickers from one chick, though, so. Opt tried to hook me up with one of the weirdo people opening for Of Montreal, but I only had eyes for the guy actually in Of Montreal with the crazy wings. This was the best part of the entire concert. Opt and I went to a coffeeshop beforehand, and we discussed nanites. I threatened several fellow concert goers with such gems as "I will stab you in the eye," or "I will shoot you and fuck the brain hole," loud enough that some of them could tell I was saying something, but not loud enough for them to tell what and get angry.

--Friday: The first time I've hung out with anyone from my new job. Moderately successful. Walmart Girl took me to a bar. Crappy in that: I hate bars, there was a cover, the drinks were expensive, as always I don't know how to properly order a drink I'll like, I didn't know her other friends and they didn't seem to enjoy talking. Awesome in that: the coverband playing WAS really awesome. They played some legitimately good songs very well, but they also played Sugar Hill Gang's Rapper's Delight (which, Walmart Girl was one of the people who hadn't known what that was when I was referencing it one day, so it was hilarious and awesome that I was able to be like, "SEEEEE!!" and she totally remembered) and Ice Ice Baby (I felt sad that I couldn't do the running man cause the floor was so slippery, and it would've been the only time in my life that I would've done the running man for legit reasons). We had fun dancing and singing along and acting like goofs. We talked a bit a couple times while she went out for a cigarette break. She reminds me a lot of Sista.

--Been hanging out with my folks a lot. Which I enjoy, despite all appearances. Though, on Sat we went to this orchard in El Paso that sucked pretty hard. But I do enjoy the fam, especially the 'Phews. Phew Harder has started smiling, now. The Phew likes running around in circles, still.

--Rented a bunch of movies. Man I have shitty taste.... the last few times I've tried to rent anything have turned out baaad. It's like I'm unable to pick a movie for myself or something.

0 comments: