Thursday, September 27, 2007

fix my problems

Today someone asked me, "Are you even in the country?" Yeah, because my strong midwestern accent that is only a single, terrifying step from being the one in Fargo just SCREAMS india. Even after I told her where I really was (I was tempted to tack on a few Bobby's World style "doncha know"'s on there) she was a total bitch to me. I really wish in our messages to agents we could put what the person actually wants and then for our own catharsis add "PS this woman is a hosebeast and I want to kick her in the nads."

Do you know what's really awful, as well? This other lady who told me about this sort of effed up situation she had with her insurance, in a manner that I thought was a joke, and I laughed, and then she was serious and mad at me. I think she seriously (and angrilly) replied to me with "this is no laughing matter," which I really can't ever recall being used in real life to me before.

Also, I think my body is beginning to physically revolt against my job. I've realized when I come home from work, a lot of times I have so much tension in my neck that just touching it is a good way to cause so much pain I want to die. I tend to get this on long trips on the interstate. I've not had it so strongly since I used to work at WEEK. Go figure.

In other news, I have four options on what to do with my life:

1) library science. Pro: I could probably find a decent job I liked and make more money and get more respect. Con: it would cost me BUSHELS of money, and I might not like it anyway.

2) MBA. Pro: I could probably find a job where I made more money and got more respect. I could do it at ISU and not have to commute or move. This is also a degree that the company I'm currently with would help me pay for. Con: I probably still would not enjoy the type of job I ended up with, though anything's better than what I got now. Plus business classes suck. Fuck you, math!

3) Random classes at heartland. I don't know, this seems really BS and like it wouldn't change my life but I was looking at a catalogue of theirs today, and there are some classes I might enjoy. Probably wouldn't help me career wise, so it would be like having a really, really expensive hobby. That at least made me feel productive.

4) doing nothing, hoping it all works out

0 comments: