Wednesday, August 08, 2007

we've got a knack for fucked up history

So today did get better. My parents bought me some foods at Sams Club.

Then I went to Borders and bought a book I can't afford and shamelessly wasted the staff's time. Some lady even complained about me "spending too much time talking and looking at books and not enough time working." She apparently was rather surprised to hear that I haven't worked there FOR MONTHS.

In other Borders news, I really, really wish Kevin & I had been born siblings so I could've known him my entire life. I went up to him and said one of the assorted douchebag customer lines I like to say to people now that I don't work there. I said, "Uh, yeah, can you find a book with a blue cover for me that was on display around christmas time? I think it had something to do with dogs."

I went to the cafe to speak to YM after that, and I turn around and Kevin has this in hand.

I LOVE that he went to that kind of effort for the joke.

2 comments:

the becca said...

It's good... but that book hadn't been published yet during last christmas.

*shakes head* Kevin! yehbettadandat.

Phoex said...

Hahha, he LIED. He totally told me that it came out last Nov. Which I hadn't noticed it around, but since I worked more with media I thought maybe I was wrong.