Friday, August 03, 2007

I'm too old for this shit

Except for Weds, this week has pretty much been shit. I'm wound so tight I think I'm going to explode on the next dickweed who crosses my path.

Anyway, the LATEST thing, in a long line of things that shouldn't even be things I should fucking have to worry about, is those goddamn speakers.

I paid 100 bucks for them. I tried everything I and several other people could think of to make them work. I called them up. They authorized a return. Two days ago, I get a thing from the post office that there is a package in the mail, postage due (14 bucks).

So of course it's the speakers, returned to sender. Despite the fact that I insured it, and had them put "fragile" stickers all over it, the package looks rather worse for the wear. The post office tells me Creative refused them.

I call up Creative. They say they never got it OR it was damaged. Which... I kind of believe them, given that the package was slightly mutilated.

So I have the package insured, and it would really just solve things if I could make the post office give me the money. That way I won't have to pay to get the fucking package back and then pay to send it to Creative again (over 30 more dollars). But I have a feeling it won't be that easy.

Anyway Creative said they'd talk to the actual dudes who handled my package to find out what happened and call me back. I really wish I could just make the stupid post office talk to Creative or vice versa so that I'm not stuck in between, basically being screwed.

So, the whole thing makes me like 8X more upset than I probably should be. I think a contributing factor is my general depression.

1 comments:

thevitaminkid said...

I've been happy with the Post Office generally, until recently. They increased the rates, and suddenly everything seems to be in confusion. I have mailed maybe 300 or 400 packages in the last 5 years, and they never lost one. One package was delayed so long, I was days away from filing an insurance claim on it. But it finally turned up. Then last month I certified an envelope with a return receipt -- an envelope with very important official documents. They delivered it to the wrong place, and I have no record of delivery. Fortunately the people who actually got the envelope were involved in the whole affair, but this is puzzling.

If the speakers don't work, it certainly would be convenient to blame it on the Post Office, especially if the package is torn up.