Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm getting tired of my nautical dreams

First rant: Best Buy sucks.

I went in there today. "Do you guys have the new They Might Be Giants?" I ask, after having looked at the section myself and not seeing the new one. But, having worked in a music store, and having shopped at Best Buy before, I know that there are any number of other nooks and crannies this album could possibly be in.

"They Might Be Giants? That's in the rap section, right?" Okay, what the fuck? I know TMBG isn't exactly your best selling artist in the store, but they have been moderately popular since I was a small child. Theoretically, I could've found them at Best Buy when I was in grade school and didn't even listen to them, if I had had to. And these two (two!) clerks were about my age. On top of that, THEY WORK IN THE MUSIC SECTION OF BEST BUY. At Borders, people could bring up some group I would've NEVER heard of otherwise, far more obscure than TMBG and in a section I would've never listened to on my own, and I totally would've been able to find it.

So then I'm like, "uh, no," and show them the proper place. And they're like, "if it's not on the shelf we probably don't have it," and don't even look it up on the computer for me. AWESOME SERVICE, DUDE. Though, to be fair to Best Buy, it was probably just these two douchebags who suck. I've had people at Best Buy look things up for me and go and vigorously search in the back for them before.

Seccond rant:

I am an idiot.

I went to Borders to get it after that. Which means I paid 4 dollars more. When I am already hemoraging money right now. When if I could wait a few days, I could've gotten it at Amazon for the Best Buy price. If I could wait longer than that, I could probably have asked for it for Christmas, or at least waited till my finances were in better condition.

Reasons I am worried about my finances:

--$300 on MP3 Player and Speakers. This is the only thing on the list that I conciously weighed out and decided to dip into my savings for.

--$35 on case/charger for MP3 player

--$30 I haven't bought this yet, but am strongly considering the extended warranty for MP3 player

--I am visiting the DN's this Saturday. They live 2 hrs away. I'm not a math wizard, but I am thinking this is a hefty gas fee.

--I am planning on going to St Louis in September to see TMBG with Opt. The tickets look to be $20. Plus half the gas fees.

--My cable internet fee recently went up by 5 dollars a month.

--My latest electricity bill was 65 dollars. Which was twice, if not three times as much as I was expecting.

--Ryan is trying to get me to visit him again. He said he'll pay half, but I still worry.

--Bought a birthday gift for the Phew

--Bought half of my gift for my Dad, will have to get something else as well

--My sister's and mom's birthdays are coming up after that as well. Then Christmas.

--$19 on the aforementioned TMBG album

--$40 dollars on groceries last time, the grand majority of that being cheese I am probably going to have to give away because it is making me feel horrible

I better get that second job. I called them yesterday to ask about it, but never got a call back.

The other kind of crappy thing is I have not actually gotten a bank statement since the beginning of the time I was unemployed. I went and changed my address with them finally, but still nothing (yet). When I go online to do it, they want some code I don't have. I am wondering if all this spending is because I don't know the cold reality? I think the other reason is I THINK I should have way more money, because of the new job, but actually don't. But act like I do.

0 comments: