Friday, June 22, 2007

will you stay near me now?

I love how I can make something like the miracle of birth for someone else, all about me.

Seriously, I'm a double aunt today! Which makes me happy, PH (Phew Harder) is finally here. But this is how I made it about me:

My sister said, "We will probably be in the hospital until Sunday. Usually they make you stay at least two nights."

And I thought, "Hmm, I don't remember her having to stay that long last time."

And then, "Oh, yeah, I was in the hospital myself the day after she had her kid last time."

And then, "I hope something else horrible doesn't happen."

And then, "Are you alright, appendix?"

Cause I'm sure that's the next thing to go. We'll see.

But I am happy to have an extra Phew around and that my sister's doing alright.

0 comments: