Friday, June 29, 2007

Think long, think think

I hate, hate, hate personality tests. Does this mean I have a bad personality? Probably.

I was hoping there would be a typing test involved in this interview. My crappy-personality self kicks ass at those. But no such luck. There wasn't even an interview, per se. Just the tests.

Anyhow, what I hate is how subjective they are. Several questions involved "I would get my supervisor," as a possible solution. At Borders, hell yeah I would get a supervisor. We were supposed to get a supervisor if anyone started getting angry at all. At the job I have now, we pretty much have to sit there and take it. How do I know what the policy is at this place? My policy is, "I do what I'm told to do, but I can think on my own if needed." which I'm sure most employers would love, if they only asked about and could be sure the person was telling the truth.

And even more loathesome was a test where they would give you a group of adjectives and you had to rank them by what is most like yourself. Which always sucks, because there will be a group of all good ones and you're like, "all of these are me," and you have to decide which they're most looking for or something. Or they have all bad ones, and you have to decide which is least like you, and again, you either have all of them or none of them and it makes ranking difficult. And lately creativity, which is something I feel I have a lot of, I've been feeling like I have to down play it, which annoys me. I've been told point blank at job interviews that creativity is actually undesirable because it's not really part of the job and if you have it, you probably have the urge to use it, which would probably be a bad thing in this job. But I kind of don't want to downplay it, in case this particular place actually does value it.

Whatever. I don't even hear whether or not I get a real interview until like July 10.

4 comments:

the becca said...

did I miss something?

What interview is this for?

the becca said...

did I miss something?

What interview is this for?

the becca said...

1) that was not supposed to post twice.

2) oh yeah, the library. oy.

3) sorry.

Phoex said...

haha it's all good