Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I will jumpstart the car parked in your mind

So hung out with my family, discussed my financial future, worked more on teaching the 'phew how to flex his muscles and say, "Do you want free tickets to the gun show?"

I've found that trying to make him say it makes him think you're asking him. And he'll either say enthusiasticly, "YESS" or "no." And then if he says no, he'll say, "Can I have tickets to the gun show." And then I have to give him imaginary tickets to the gun show. Mostly I do that by flexing my arm and pointing and saying, "They're right over there," and he pretends to pick it up and says, "got it!"

I did, however, have great progress in teaching him how to yell "GUN SHOW!!" while flexing his muscles and baring his teeth. It was awesome. My proudest moment is going to be when he goes up to a teacher at day care and either says, "Can I have tickets to the gun show," or just screams, "GUN SHOW!!" and then my sister or her husband has to explain to them. Bonus points if he starts getting any of the other kids at daycare saying it.

I can't wait to corrupt PH (Phew Harder, AKA the next one my sister's working on having).

Oh and here's an awesome bit of dialogue between my Dad and the Phew.

Dad: Adam & Eve & Pinch me went down to the river to bathe. Adam & Eve drowned, who was saved?
The Phew: Mike.

3 comments:

the becca said...

This is funny if your dad's name is Mike.

But funnier if it isn't.

Phoex said...

My dad's name is not Mike.

thevitaminkid said...

I've never been to a gun show. It must be the power of suggestion, because suddenly I want to attend one.