Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I spend all my energy standing upright

Well Tami found one last way to shank me before I left. I specifically requested the 15th as my last day, and she okay'd it. I even signed a sheet to this effect (though I'm sure at this point if I started an arguement with her, she would say she "lost" it).

But apparently today was my last day.

Yeah I looked at the schedule and she took me off Weds and Sat (which there had been a schedule up saying I worked those days, that she never notified me when it changed), and I was not on next week's schedule.

Some people (especially Dance Whore) said I should fight it, but the thing is: I have wanted to just be gone ever since I quit. I only gave notice to not be a dick. So if she's actually giving me what I want....? Evs. Though, speaking of Evs, I felt really bad when I was leaving. Neither Elaine nor Kevin had anticipated me leaving so soon, and were both sad that I was. It kind of annoyed me that none of us got a chance to really prepare for me leaving.

And man, I enjoy Kevin.

Me: I'll miss you!
Kevin: Don't worry, I'll keep in touch. I know where you live.

Sadness that I have to leave these people.

But I did have a moment of awesomeness, I brought in Smells Like Phoe to torment her. I'm glad I didn't wait till what I thought was my last day. Quick refresher: that is a CD I once burned that is all covers of Smells Like Teen Spirit. For some reason or whatever, Tami thinks Nirvana is sacred and should never be covered. So.... yes. Elaine and Happy weren't that excited about my musical choice, but I did happen to talk to Giggles before anyone else came, and he agreed with the postulate, "Tami hates covers of Smells Like Teen Spirit and I hate Tami. Therefore I must bring in covers of Smells Like Teen Spirit," so he didn't give me any troubles.

I must be sick or something, I actually like the CD. First off, there are some actually good covers on there. And then the bad ones are just so bad they make me laugh, so go back to good again. I'm telling you, I couldn't get the smile off my face when "Smells Like Teen Booty," the mashup of SLTS and the Destiny's Child hit "Bootylicious" played. It's just so ridiculous. I think it also reminds me of the first time Opt and I had racist pancakes, and discussed which songs I should put on there, then watched They Might Be Giants videos. So anyway, I do actually occaisionally listen to it even when there's no one around to torment.

I had another interesting revelation. This regular customer that sometimes gives us food brought in brownies and I had one and it made my colon explooode. So I spent much of my last shift on the toilet. And at one point I found myself thinking, "Oh well, it made the time pass faster." Then I just realized I admitted to myself that I would rather have bowel clenching pain than work there anymore. So I guess it's all for the best that I'm leaving.

0 comments: