Friday, May 18, 2007

drunkness

So I not only got drunk last night, but at least twice as drunk as I have ever been. But to give you the bigger picture: I still didn't throw up or anything, and this was off only three drinks.

Still, I needed assistance walking. Also, when I woke up I was like, "sweet, no hangover!" But when I ran into like 8 things on my way to the bathroom, I realized I was still really drunk. And taking a shower while still really drunk was a task so difficult as to be nearly impossible (I'm glad I decided to, though, because what I had really wanted to was cook, and I'm sure drunk cooking would've been worse). I'm actually still kind of tipsy at 1 o'clock today, almost 12 hours after I had the alcohol in question. I really, really hope I sober up by the time I have to drive to work at 4.

So that was my second going away party. It was actually just Dance Whore and I for awhile. He said it was alright because he didn't think he was going to miss many people aside from the man clique which is already mostly disbanded, and me, so seeing me was enough. That was really sweet. It was also hilarious (and slightly sad) that he had been drinking since noon and was still way more sober than I was. Then YM and Herd showed up. So I can truthfully say that these three people are the only people on the planet (that I know, anyway) who've actually seen me drunk. Anyway, Dance Whore bought me a long island iced tea and a red headed slut, and then Herd bought us all a lemon drop. I totally knew these would get me hammered (hell, I was drunker than I've ever been after I had the redhead and half the long island), because I've never had more than 2 drinks before and usually limit my consumption to really girly drinks. But I kind of didn't care.

Anyway, pros of being drunk-everything is hilarious. And apparently I'm an amusing drunk. I say witty things like, "I'm so drunk," over and over. Also they're right about alcohol leading to unwanted sexual encounters, because after YM & Herd helped me get home, YM totally got on top of me and gave me a vigorous humping. She also apparently fondled me but I didn't notice at the time. But it was also very reassuring to have them there to help me drink water and get to my bathroom and up my stairs.

Cons of being drunk-I kind of noticed this while they were there, but I either got drunker as time wore on or just wasn't paying attention, but after they left I started feeling like everything was moving around and more dizzy and was having double vision and stuff. And I couldn't fall asleep for the longest time. Then once I did, I kept waking up. I started freaking out a little and had to listen to music to calm myself down, but Modest Mouse freaked me out more and I thought I was too drunk to change cd's. Then in the morning I had this problem all over again, especially after the crazy drunken showering, so I had to watch TV for like 7 hours.

Now I'm more pleasantly buzzed, but I still keep running into stuff. So verdict: not trying that again soon, if ever, but I don't really regret it a whole ton (unless I can't drive to work) either.

3 comments:

Terrace said...

the dizziness might have something to do with one of your medications.. might want to check into that, since it's weird 2 doesn't get you drunk, but 3 blows you over the edge... unless one of those drinks had something with a high proof.. like Everclear or something...

the becca said...

well, a long-island iced tea has about... oh... 5 shots in it.

THAT might have something to do with it.

and I don't know what a redheaded slut is, but if it's a single shot and the lemon drop was a single shot, that brings phoe's total up to 7.

which is a lot more than 2.

thevitaminkid said...

Either it was more alcohol than you thought, or you had better get a liver function test. Are any of your medications processed through the liver (i.e. liver is the detox pathway?). If so, this might intensify the effects of alcohol.