Thursday, April 12, 2007

sadness

So, Kurt Vonnegut died. I'm sad about it, he was my favorite author (a previous incarnation of this blog was named Welcome to the Monkey House). It's hard for someone to successfully manage funny, sad, and touching all at the same time, but he's one of the few for me. Mind you, I'm not that surprised. The man was an 84 year old chain smoker, after all. And... he was getting more and more upset with his life and people in general. Maybe he's happier, wherever he is. Still, it's sad that one more of our better minds is gone forever.

It was kind of funny, how I found out was an email from Opt. And I was weirdly glad to get it, because I don't watch TV much anymore and avoid the news in most other forms as well, and there's a good chance I wouldn't have found out till way after it happened (though, I still am somewhat employed at a bookstore, who knows). Then Ryan was about to tell me when I mentioned I already knew. Then I looked, and Tina had e-mailed me too about it. And I felt glad that with friends like these, who really do know me and how much I love him, that I guess I never will be in the dark about anything I really do need to know.

3 comments:

Tina Di Mauro said...

Very interesting blog.
Kiss kiss

Anonymous said...

you're the first person i thought of and i was going to send you a text but i don't have your numba

Phoex said...

haha wow. My love of vonnegut is well known :P

I'm sorry I am a shitty friend I forgot to re give it to you, I'm going to do that now.