Sunday, March 25, 2007

money talks, I hate to listen, but lately it's been screaming in my ear

So I'm beginning to think it wasn't Elaine's idea to cut my hours down even less than regular part time, as she has lately called a couple times to ask if I want to cover for people who've called in. This is nice, really nice, because I need the money. I also saw Lister the other day and he said he would pretty much call me first if someone calls out.

The sucky bit though is that I have even more unpredictibility in when I'm working or not than I did before. And often they call me when I've made plans and then I have to decide if money or plans are more important. Realistically in the boat I am in now, the number 1 top priority IS money. But... I hate it. One goddamned five hour shift here and there isn't going to fix my fucking financial problems and I really usually want to do whatever it is more.

HATE THE WORLD. REVENGE SOON. TAKE OUT EVERYONE.

Oh it is moderately amusing though, the DN's got me this money toad which was REALLY REALLY nice of them. BDN and I were talking on aim one night and he was extolling the virtues of his (apparently both he and GDN were offered jobs shortly after getting it, it's a feng shui thing) and then poof! They were in town a short time not too long ago (I meant to blog it because I was so stoked but now that I'm unemployed I am so lazy I barely lift a finger to even take care of personal hygiene much less blogging etc.) and they brought one for me. Anyway I find the amusing bit to be that yes, I do have more money coming in, because right after is when I started getting calls to take other people's shifts.

I'm hoping the money toad is just warming up and I'll get a new (and better) job soon. I don't like being unemployed and I have a feeling that going to the store as resentful as I am now will be even more miserable. There really needs to be a happines toad or something out there.

2 comments:

thevitaminkid said...

You mean the money this toad will bring in won't buy you happiness???

"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is beautiful, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent and praiseworthy -- think about such things." (Philippians 4)

OK, it isn't a happiness toad, but it is better than the alternative, i.e. thinking on the opposite. I know whereof I speak. It just seems like a practical thing, for Christian or non-Christian alike.

Phoex said...

thanks for the encouragement :D