Friday, February 16, 2007

unrealistic expectations

Me: If you could do anything in the world what job would you do?
Ryan: hmm
Ryan: probably a photographer if I could make money doing it
Ryan: not like some kind of journalist photography either
Me: like Ansel Adams photographer?
Ryan: yeah
Me: that was the first famous one I could think of
Ryan: some of his stuff is okay
Me: actually, (and it's not to say he's a hack or anything) but I don't know how great he is. A lot of people could take pictures of some of the landscapes he has and it would look awesome just because those are pretty things.
Ryan: yeah
Ryan: I'm not sure why he's so famous
Me: me neither
Ryan: good connections
Me: haha maybe
Ryan: I'm sure that's a big part of it
Me: do you ever all of a sudden get ideas for great jobs you'll never have and for like... I don't know, a week or something you go through a phase where you're all "I'm going to do that" but of course you never do?
Ryan: Seemed to me when I was around that stuff it was who you know, not how good your pictures are
Ryan: I dunno about jobs, but I get good ideas, and go through phases like that
Me: yeah... Mass com, they pounded the connections thing into our heads. Except I think I actually could've made it in TV news even sans connections if I could drive half decently and tolerate working with assholes better.
Me: Lately I've thought I could be an artist (like with my drawings, maybe also doing stuff with them in photoshop), a computer animation person at a movie studio, a stand up comic, or write a screenplay
Me: I could do none of these things! But part of me is like... "that'd be awesome."
Ryan: it would be
Me: yeah but I don't think any would happenPhoemeister: and it just makes me sad that I can't
Ryan: aww
Ryan: well it's possible
Me: really?
Ryan: anything's possible
Me: haha yeah I could get killed tomorrow
Me: by a rabid monkey
Me: so... basically it's not possible and it just makes me sad

0 comments: