Thursday, February 22, 2007

over my head

I wonder if other people think I'm weird because I make such a big deal about my birthday? No one else does. I love birthdays, though.

It's not about the presents, all though that is nice. I reaped hot chocolate mix, alcohol, a scooby doo baloon, a card that plays whomp there it is, floam, silly putty, a really nice picture frame, and the new Fall Out Boy cd from last night's festivities. I am a total attention whore, and I love the excuse to make people pay attention to me. Part of me knows it's a problem and is trying to be less attention whore-y, but part of me is like, "YES, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY THE ONE TIME THAT THIS BEHAVIOR IS ACCEPTABLE, WHOO!!"

So anyway, due to various things I've managed to draw it out even longer. Tuesday I had lunch with my parents, and it was awesome. Then I had dinner with what I feel is my core "crew." It was even awesomer! Then yesterday I had a party. The turnout was not what I had hoped but it was still a lot of fun. And Saturday I'm having dinner with my parents and my sister and getting my presents from them.

Hootie arrived first last night, which was cool. We got in a decent amount of conversation in before anyone else arrived, and I was kind of glad, because her and I don't always get to talk much. I've decided that I'm going to try and make her hang out with me when I go down to PT because I probably won't see her at work anymore (sadness) and I would really miss her. Also, she bought me Fall Out Boy, which was really sweet because I'd been talking about how I was kind of on the fence about buying it with her. I feel kind of guilty when I make people come to a birthday party and then they feel like they have to buy me something, but I was so happy! Gifts that show the other person pays attention are so awesome.

Steve showed up (I dunno if I ever bothered to make an alias for him on here) and was pretty fun.

YM and a friend of hers came too, and they both brought me stuff, and again I felt guilty, but oh well. YM's gift was particularly awesome! She got me this really classy picture frame (I don't really have pictures around my place, which leaves it kind of lacking in personality) with all of us at New Year's when I decided to drape myself in ribbons. So again, a gift from the heart. And she gave me this card that plays whomp there it is! I bet she wished she didn't after awhile, because I insisted on opening it over and over and making people listen to it.

Elaine & Nebrasky came, and Nebrasky did his hilarious impressions for us (including a dead-on version of Herd). Elaine was just awesome, I am resolving to try and hang out with her more if she lets me. Also she brought me floam and silly putty.

So we listened to music, I made people watch stuff on youtube, we chatted. A highlight was when most people left and YM, her friend, and I just started pelvic thrusting to the Fray's "Over My Head (Cable Car)." YM actually caught it on video, so I fear this might leak onto the interweb somehow. Also a different video of me fondling myself. To the Fray's "Over My Head (Cable Car)."

Also yesterday I bought myself Peter Bjorn & John's Writer's Block even though I probably could've eventually stolen it from Elaine. I kind of wanted to buy something "good." And my parents gave me some money for my birthday. Though... I'm already kind of blowing through it even though I meant to save it for vacationesque type things. I got that CD and I ordered an expensive out of print book from the store today (I may or may not actually buy it depending on the condition. I'm not paying sixty bucks for it if it's all messed up, and I probably have no business dropping 60 bucks on a book anyway, even if my parents did give me money).

0 comments: