Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm spiderwoman

So 7 highlighters, 26 pens, a jar opener, an ice cream scoop, two frisbees (one from the schwann man), four packs of cards (one having dogs playing poker on it, but this pack also happens to smell disgusting), a jar opener, a dancing robot, a chip clip, four magnets, a nerf football, a mini first aid kit, two pads of paer, 6 keychains (one with a razor blade), an ice scraper, two calendars later....... I can say it was a pretty good job fair.

Yeah... I went around once feeling horrible and hating myself for not being dressed up enough and unqualified for everything. Then I went around and introduced myself to people. Some people didn't want me. Some people, I realized I didn't want to work for but gave them my resume anyway because there was no way to get it back once I started the conversation with these people. I felt good about the Country insurance lady I talked to and semi okay about the people from Target. I felt bad about how it went with most other people.... they kept asking me when I was going to graduate and what I wanted to do with my major, both questions that are non applicable now. Then I went around and picked up everything that was not nailed down.

So while some people see a job fair as a bright new beginning full of opportunities, and others see it as a den of potential disappointments and uncomfortable conversations with people you don't really want to talk to, I see it as an excuse to get dressed up and steal things (okay I see it as all three). So, yeah. It was a worthwhile time even if I don't get called back. I needed pens & magnets and cards. Not so much the highlighters keychains and other random crap, but I really got obsessed with the stealing and couldn't stop. The only times I was called on this at all was the Metlife people wouldn't give me a plush snoopy and the marine guy I took a keychain tried to recruit me and I had to flustered-ly yell "I have asthma!" and scurry away. Anyway, now when I write, play cards, scoop ice cream, and open jars I can think about all the careers I'll never have. Pret-ty sweet.

0 comments: