Sunday, February 11, 2007

beep boop

So I made a resolution to myself (I didn't mention it to anyone because I thought it would be pretty hard to keep up and didn't want to get called out on it if I failed. Anyway its: don't complain about work AT work anymore.

Two exceptions:

1) if a situation is so horrible that you can't not mention it, such as the one time I was straightening out books in the sex section and came across a book that was, well... moist.

2) if it is funny. Like the guy who called us up today and asked me if we carried guitar strings. When I said no, he asked who did. I put him on hold while I asked other people, and they said "Samuel Music." So I told him that, and he said, "are they open?" in this voice that sounded completely assured I would know this, and I said, "I don't know." And then he got all confused and hung up. I dunno, reading this isn't that funny, but it made me laugh at the time.

Anyway it is somewhat working, but I've found mostly now I just try to circumvent this with my own rules. So mainly I'm just making my complaining funny instead of reducing the complaining like I meant to. I guess that is still somewhat of a gain, though.

I'm also hating myself (moderately) because I kind of want to get the new Fallout Boy CD.

0 comments: