Friday, November 10, 2006

my fingers are like, "haven't you had enough?"

...the more you buy the more you want.

I thought I was done shopping for myself yesterday, but I was at the store today and saw like five more things I'd like to get.

I think for my sister I am going to be a jerk and get her something not on her list because it seriously burns me to buy hardcover books even at 40% off, even for another person. I can get her two mass market paperbacks for half the price. Which I did.... On her Christmas list is this Robin Hobb book, second of this new series she's writing. New series: not as good as the old one by a long shot. So I got her the first two books of the old one to kill both my cheapness bird and my "you should like what I like" bird with one jerky stone.

Still got to decide on my Dad's gift.

My parents and I did indeed go to world market, and they got me stuff. Stuff which I should've declined seeing as how I'm at least nominally on a diet, but I took it anyway.

I opened an IRA today with my parents money too. I hate how not independant I feel. And it was kind of a pain, and I already have a 401k, but I kind of see why it needed to be done. What I don't see, however, is why the woman in the next cubicle over had to give her teller her entire whiney life story. I seriously wanted to stab myself. The only way I could distract myself was txt Sista (who didn't answer) and Ryan (who contended "at least you're not in some stupid class learning about microsoft office") I still think I had the worse pain because he might've been doing soemthing boring, at least he didn't have an annoying old lady talking at the same time. We finished up this mini conver with him asking me if I liked the IRA and me answering, "Yes, I hate those filthy English."

Then my dad and I saw Flags of Our Fathers. Pretty good. I've already decided the next movie I see has to be fun, though. I've been seeing a lot of heavy movies lately. AND, whenever I do try and rent something funny it ends up stupid. In fact, I have a theory that I should probably not be allowed to select movies for myself. Sure I have friends and loved ones that will occaisionally steer me wrong, but they usually seem to have a higher success rate than when I see something that seems not horrible when I'm at the video rental place.

Nebrasky invited me out drinking, which I'd be pretty mad if he hadn't considering the whole big deal I made about it last time. But then I had to be a dick and say no, because I have work early tomorrow. Maybe if I had been sleeping better this week I would've gone ahead and gone out anyway, but... yeah. I really get emotionally unbalanced if I don't, and I have been having problems at work lately anyway (just getting way too hyper, which you think if I am tired it would be the opposite, but it's not).

0 comments: