Saturday, November 18, 2006

I am ninja he is ninja she is ninja too

BEST APPLES TO APPLES EVER.

So, in case you aren't familiar with the game apples to apples, I'll clue you in.

1) It is REALLY fun.
2) Basically there's a card that has some sort of adjective on it. One person "judges" and the rest submit cards that have nouns on them. Whichever noun best embodies the adjective wins. This sounds kind of dry but it's really fun because you can put something totally ironic (I judged "Humphrey Bogart" to win "silly") or just something bizzarre ("earwax" for "goody-goody") or, at least with my friends, something that wins "automatically" (such as ninjas, pirates, Bates Motel, or Helen Keller) because you like it. Also if you are playing with friends, you can kind of slide it towards your favor by picking things you KNOW the person would pick (Opt, for instance, would use "carnival workers" while I judge because I've always made fun of carnies in general, and I've been talking with a particular carnie lately).

Also it is fun with running jokes, and there are blank cards you can write any noun on (Opt's set now includes "Opt's Mom," "Your Mom," and "Poo!").

So now for the best bit:

The "sexy" card turns up.

Me: Man, where is the Holocaust card when you need it?
Opt or Guy DN: *something to the effect that the holocaust isn't sexy, I can't remember exactly*
Me: What are you kidding me? I masturbate to Schindler's List almost every night.
Guy DN: Well, there are tits in that movie.

Opt: *turns over the card she submitted* Schindler's List. I TOTALLY win.

Then we all laughed like maniacs for like 20 minutes.

The other awesome bit is for "Technological" someone submitted Pigeons, and Opt selected it just because she liked the idea of "pigeon borg." And how resistance to their poo is futile.

Then, she said the funniest thing EVER.

"Hello, I'm Locooootis."

She also put the image of The Pigeon from the Mo Willems books as a borg in my head. Golden.

0 comments: