Tuesday, November 21, 2006

beep boop

Okay.... I think there is some person exactly like me floating out there somewhere.

In other news I saw the new Bond today. It's the best recent one I've seen, if not of all time. At least.... I like the actual character the best. You know how James Bond is basically the epitome of cool? Gambles, fights, fucks, drinks, doesn't give a damn, whatever else cool people do. He's a smirking dickweed! If I knew him in real life I would despise him! He's a horrible human being, who spouts even more horrible puns, who is only good for saving the world from this or that. And I understand that saving the world all the time is hard work and you don't get to develop a personality when you're busy shooting people all the time, but bleh...

Plus, I hate cool people! Cool people are not fun at all. If James Bond just knew pi to 30 digits or had a 12 sided die or something, I probably would not hate him at all.

Anyway he's still cool, but he's not a total smirking dickweed in this. Like, it's when he first gets his license to kill or whatever so he's not as jaded yet or whatever. He's a lot more vulnerable. And his jokes are actually funny.

Oh and M is beginning to get on my nerves. She's always yelling at Bond for doing the things he does, but like... she's the one that made him that way! AND she would know by now that he's that way and he's going to shoot up a whole building to get to one guy or whatever.

I do kind of like that they toned down the ridiculous technology bit a little too. I mean, it can be cool sometimes... but the invisible car and sun laser and shit stretch the bounds of credibility sometimes.

Actually.... I would compare the new Bond to the new Batman... they kind of both went back and stripped the really cheesy bits, made both the situation and characters seem a little more realistic. So I guess it just boils down to whether or not you like that.

Actual villain in this one: kind of lame. He's an accountant, for heaven's sake. If Bond can't take down an accountant, he would really suck.

0 comments: