Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Who's going to build my death ray?

Today was pretty awesome. I actually have the opposite view from most RE: mondays.... because it's not like I get a weekend anyhow, and Monday night is merch night, where I actually get to do something I enjoy at work instead of waste my time at registers getting insulted by men who buy Andy Griffith hymn CD's and won't let me finish the fucking question I'm required to ask everyone.

So things that made today awesome:

1) Before work Opt came over and we had pancakes and listened to various versions of Smells Like Teen Spirit and watched part of a documentary on They Might Be Giants. They Might Be Giants are AWESOME, by the way. I've never really gotten into them, and I don't really know why because I've always liked some of their stuff, but never sought the rest out. I also don't know why I never got into them because if you just randomly met me one day and had to guess what type of music I like, I bet one thing you would guess WOULD be TMBG, as they are goofy as hell. As am I. Anyway, I do love them now and expect the love to grow as I grow more familiar with them.

2) We also carpooled to work. Which has always made us hyper and happy whenever we try it. Add in TMBG and it was just crazy.... we couldn't stop giggling and singing TMBG songs for the first hour.

3) Downstairs neighbor brought a cake from Coldstone Creamery again! I love her in general, but in particular all the nice cakes are awesome. Less awesome: the fact that NO ONE told me or Opt that there was cake, even though downstairs neighbor made sure to do this on a day she knew we were both working, because I'm her upstairs neighbor, and since I have Opt over so frequently the downstairs neighbors are friendly with her as well. Also Opt gave the neighbors a 30% off coupon not that long ago, which is what triggered the cake giving in the first place.

4) So after work Opt and I ate the cake we brought back to my place when we realized there was cake to be had. It was delicious. I have to think of a really awesome thank you card to give downstairs neighbor, as the downstairs neighbors have been, to date, the only ones to have recieved one of my crappy handmade cards and enjoyed it.

5) I brought in Smells Like Phoexx0r to play after close. And it was AWESOME. Boss-boss didn't really remark on it, but I'm sure she had to be annoyed. Because... I put this compilation together and even I thought it was horrible. Since enough other people brought stuff, only a few played, and mostly they were the crappiest. The Tori Amos cover, the Weird Al cover, and a crappy punk cover by some band called Blanks 77. Am thinking of bringing it tomorrow, too, since I close with boss-boss again.

So that was all the awesomeness.

In other news, one of my newer coworkers gets the nickname Phone Asshole, because he, Opt, and I had lunch break together, and he randomly just started talking on his cell phone to his girlfriend, and wouldn't leave the break room, instead submitting us to the stupid discussion. I admit to being a total jerk, but I just started yelling things so that his girlfriend would hear them, like, "MAN, THE BUTTSEX I HAD LAST NIGHT WAS SO GREAT THAT I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT HE BEATS ME." "WOW, I SURE LOVE EAR SEX, NOTHING GETS ME HOTTER THAN PENIS IN MY EAR CANAL." And even then he didn't get the hint, or even annoyed enough at me to leave. Opt said she kind of liked him before that, and that he even kind of reminded her of me, but I had found him slightly irritating/creepy anyway. And he likes to piss me off by mentioning Mambo #5 all the time.

I've also started inflicting myself on the online dating community. I told Sista one night that I was considering starting to look at newspaper ads, her advice was "those are for old people do it online" and directed me to OkCupid. It seemed like suspect advice, as she'd never used it, but eh. I figure I can't do any worse at it (it being meeting people) than I am already.

I was still kind of embarassed about it so I hadn't really told anyone, but Opt was on my computer (she doesn't have the interweb and occaisionally checks e-mail and stuff here) and she went to OkCupid to check for a message because she's on it... and yeah. It was embarassing but funny and then I was like, "eh, why keep it a secret?" So there you go, interweb, take my last scrap of dignity, I'm registered on OkCupid an one of my interests is "cowbell."

It was also kind of funny/eerie that a certain amount of our people were the same, and most of the ones she tried were douchebags. So I guess now I know who to avoid. Like apparently there's a dude on there that drinks like 8 gallons of milk a day. If you are milk guy and reading this (I have a link to my blog in my profile): I am not interested, I hear you are a douche even aside from your weird milk consumption. My advice for you is to start drinking some water, fruit juice, or even soda, and stop being douchey.

0 comments: