Sunday, September 03, 2006

they're waiting for something that'll never arrive

Ungggggggh. The cheese might stay on my floor another night. I feel like warmed up crap. Maybe not even warmed up crap. Maybe cold crap.

Even though I've been getting plenty of sleep, I've been feeling tired lately. Especially today and the day before yesterday. And I had a wretched headache. And, this last is probably my fault, my legs ached really bad. The reason I think it is is that I stood around talking with my neighbors last night for hours. But still, it was ridiculous, and I'm sore anyway in these weeks like this one where they inexplicably change my day off from early in the week to late in the week and I end up working like 7 days in a row.

I have to admit, I got kind of cranky at customers too. Most of them I barely talked to, and there were a couple of them I seriously wanted to beat. No one fucking understands the concept of "coupons," to begin with, and then when you add on the rewards prog.'s ridiculousness.... well there you go. I really need to get out before the christmas season begins and I slit someone's fucking throat with a rewards card.

It might've just been the weather/one of those days though, because Excalibur actually saw Kevin get angry at someone, and he's the quietest, most laid back person ever, and I've seen him deal with the worst people imaginable and still keep his cool. Excalibur, too, said she was feeling tired. Weirdly, Ponytail geek, Mr. Moody McCrankyface himself, was in a good mood and his & Shiv's lame jokes actually kept me going. I really liked him today. Which is weird.... I went through a period where I really hated ponytail geek, couldn't stand to be around him, and now I'm liking him again. I don't know if he's being less cranky lately, or if now I'm crankier his crankiness doesn't bother me as much, or what. Shiv I also go through cycles on. It used to really irritate me that he was never ever serious, but now I guess I don't care as much.

Hm, I can't even remember where that post was going.

Oh but here's two amusing bits from the conversations I had with my neighbors last night, which will show you why I will stand around on my much-abused legs for hours and talk to them.

So they were discussing how some person they knew got all annoyed that they had brought up some story about "the vengeance crap" around her. But of course, I love poop stories, so basically it was that back when guy neighbor was in college, there was some dude on his floor that would like, take a really nasty crap and then end up reading in there and not flushing and it would make the place smell disgusting. So the vengeance crap was when he or his roommate would go and do the same thing while whoever it was was on the toilet to make him get up and leave.

So then we got to discussing whoever smokes in their bathroom in this building, which makes everyone's bathroom smell like cigarette smoke, and how I, being colitis-girl, could just take a the most disgusting crap possible and let it stew in there for awhile to get the guy back. And it got out that girl neighbor has IBS (err... which if you actually know her, I dunno if I'd bring it up. It doesn't seem like a sore subject, but I dunno if I want to be known as that jerk who spreads it around that she has IBS, even though I AM apparently that jerk who spreads it around that she has IBS--because I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of considering I have more poop related problems than any five people and talk about it constantly) and how if we both took an exceptionally disgusting dump while the smoker was in there smoking, we'd definitely break him of the habit. Guy neighbor said the best part would be to knock on the smoker's door and be like, "Yeah, you wouldn't guess two GIRLS did that, would you?" and watch the horror dawn on the smoker's face.

The other thing I found amusing was we were discussing the (alleged) fireworks being like, "who gets excited enough about labor day to have fireworks?" and we started discussing all the ridiculous holidays it would be funny to have fireworks on, and we decided Casimir Pulaski day would probably be the best. The cops would come up on us and be all, "why are you firing fireworks? Not to mention it's illegal!" and we'd be like, "DUUUUUUUDE! It's Casimir Pulaski day! WHOOOOO!!!! How can you NOT party on Casimir Pulaski day? He was a great man!" (of course we'd be drunk, too. Illegal fireworks go hand and hand with heavy drinking)

And then the cop would ask us what Casimir Pulaski did and none of us would know.

I guess that's it.

1 comments:

Phoex said...

haha, I really actually did know he fought in the revolutionary war. Because we had some polish lady at our grade school who told us all when we were little. I just thought it would be funnier if we didn't know, since most people don't.

Thanks for letting me know though! And now I know why with the fireworks. Also I think I actually did get Casimir Pulaski day off when I was little but it's since gone down. According to Wikipedia the diminishing polish population in the state makes less people care anymore.