Sunday, September 03, 2006

it is poop

So I meant to take a shower and clean my kitchen. This includes, of course, my dishes. But also this cheese I spilled. Yes, that's right, I have cheese all over my kitchen right now. It was a bag of shredded cheese and it like.... exploded the other night, it's pretty irritating.

And of course I'm an ass so I tried to vaccuum it, which didn't work that well. In fact the vaccuum made it worse because now I have a cheesy vacuum I have to clean now. And on top of that the vaccuum wheels like smooshed cheese and smeared it all over the floor.

So... because I'm still lazy, I've been waiting around for it to dry out so I could vaccum it. I'm kind of worried I'm going to get roaches or something with all this cheese lying around. And every time I have to walk over to the cheesy area to do something then I track cheese around other places no matter how hard I try not to. And then after that, I was going to scrub the floor to get the smooshed cheese and clean off the vaccuum.

But I was starving when I got home. And I made a lot of rice and then had to eat it all because I've decided after all that trying to reheat rice is not that great most of the time, like I was trying to do before. Then I didn't feel like moving an inch because I was so full, so I put in a DVD to watch and told myself when it was over then I'd definately clean.

Then about halfway thru I hear these booms outside. Presumably from fireworks, I never did completely discern what it was. I tried to wait it out but after awhile I finally just went outside and looked, and I still couldn't tell. And the neighbors heard me go downstairs to check it out, and also didn't know what was up, so they came out too and then we ended up talking for hours again. Which I really like, but then I'm like, "damn, still got cheese all over my floor."

I did end up showering though, at least.

In work news, I found out new new sup actually DIDN'T give notice. And tons of other people are quitting all the time. And I'm actually selfishly glad. I feel bad for the good people still there, but man, boss-boss does not make it easy. She was a total bitch to me the whole day over one little mistake I made. I was one step away from telling her to blow me. If she is still being a bitch to me by the time I get my next day off, I'm going to be like "fuck it" and apply at State Farm. The way they're hurting for competant people right now, I'd love to just quit right before christmas. It would be especially awesome if Opt, Kevin, Renegade, ponytail geek, and Elaine all quit too, and they fired boss boss for making everyone hate her and leave, but a girl can dream. Oh and also re: the new guy quitting, I'm really very tempted to nudge boss-boss and be like, "dug your own grave, eh? Should've picked me, eh? Like, a long time ago, even before bobby? eh? Would've saved you a ton of time and money, eh? You wouldn't be in this pickle right now would you, eh?"

My dream is to actually be promoted, get another job, and quit without notice after they'd trained me, and when boss-boss gets pissed, be like, "Oh well I thought I told you already. Must've been some mix up. Like when you didn't tell me you weren't even fucking considering me before hiring some dude and making it common knowledge." Except I know now that I will never be promoted. And I wouldn't do that to Elaine and the others anyway, and it would be nice not to burn my bridges.

In other news, the headsets do annoy me still but since the one thing boss-boss isn't being a bitch about is letting us talk on them about non essential things, it is pretty funny, especially when someone says something funny and/or innappropriate. Today, this was a conversation that occured:

boss-boss: how is the new aloe black CD, Renegade?
Renegade: I hear it's R & B. But not like..... good R & B.
Ponytail Geek: Geez, Renegade, what do you really think?
Renegade: it is poop.

I laughed so hard Renegade heard me on the other end of the store and was like, "Well Phoexx0r thought that one was funny."

I also enjoy it for delivery of jokes about Opt's mom.

In other news, I also made a birthday card for my mom. For various NOT GROSS reasons, the inside of the card is actually stating a true fact re: her birthday gift.

Okay, I do have time to clean the cheese. But it is late and I don't feel like it anymore.

2 comments:

Pablo said...

Dude, that was one of your all-time greatest posts! I loved the cheese story. I could totally picture that scenario. On the plus-side, I guess now you can just pick up some cheese off of the floor, if you need a snack. Heheh. Cheese is so versatile. You can eat is, say it, cut it, and even BE it.

Last winter, one of the neighbor kids (about 10 years old) just walked up to me and said, "I had cheese for lunch!" I said, "Oh yeah? You mean like a cheese sandwich or something?" He said, "Nope! Just cheese." "You had just cheese for lunch?" "Yup! Just cheese!!" (True story.)

Phoex said...

haha, thanks. I'm glad my weird problems are amusing and someone gets some good out of them.

Sadly, I actually HAVE had just cheese before. I don't know that I went around telling people, but meh...