Monday, August 28, 2006

you're so lucky! you're lucky lucky lucky lucky!

Last night was pretty awesome, watching Animaniacs, learning Euchre, and playing a weirdo card game (involving toast!) named Fluxx with Opt and the downstairs neighbors. We discussed how many people have humped my couch (4, now, thanks to an impromptu ninja hump by one of the neighbors), I'm thinking of putting up a rogue's gallery on my wall labeled, "People Who Have Humped My Couch."

I am weirdly attached to my couch now. I think partially it's because it took so much work to get it up here, but then also the fact that whenever I have people over, we all hang out on the couch, as it is the obvious place to do so. I already am sad that whenever I move away from here I will not be able to take it with me (I have been told in no uncertain terms by the people who helped me move it that they'd rather see me take a chainsaw to the thing than try to manuver it down those damn stairs again).

I've also noticed that I take something embarassing about each one of my friends and get a lot of mileage out of it. Not something deadly embarassing, because they've all voluntarily told me these things, many times in front of other people as well, but I'm wondering if it's beginning to annoy people. I don't think Opt minds that I tell everyone her mom married her cousin, because she has told people that about as frequently as I have. But Sista sometimes seems annoyed that right when I introduce her to people, I announce that her Mom dated a carnie. And I think the downstairs neighbor would prefer that I didn't tell everyone that he is "the weirdo with all the knives." And Ryan might prefer that I hadn't told everyone that he was thrown into a dumpster by guys in chess club. So... um, if any of you who read this are actually tired of me doing it, let me know.

On the other hand, I'm sure everyone refers to me as "that retard who can't drive," so there you go. Especially since Ryan visited, everyone's picked up his habit of calling me a retard.

THANKS.

0 comments: