Thursday, July 20, 2006

Always blamin' someone else

So the party was a success!

Since people said they would come at various times, I was afraid I'd be like, stuck with one person at a time and it would not be a "real" party. But a lot of people came and some stuck around for quite awhile.

--My friend from high school actually came a good deal earlier than anyone else, so didn't really meet anyone, but perhaps that was for the best. I don't know how all the your mom jokes would go down around her. She brought me flowers! We're going to see a movie sometime!

--Hoot came! She is one of my best friends at work, but we have not really done anything outside of work yet, so I was happy she could come. She brought this chili dip stuff that everyone loved, and a copy of the warped tour cd out right now! The chili dip thing was pretty cool, except it meant no one ate any of the food I bought, which was kind of lame. If there's a next time I don't think I'll go out of my way to make sure there is very good food.

--Opt came! I think she was the life of the party, everyone enjoyed her stories about doing my mom and her pirate jokes! We're going to see a movie tomorrow!

--Kevin came! He brought me this really cool mix CD. I think I would've been pretty mean to him if he hadn't came, because he kept telling me he was going to, and I kept making fun of him because his excuse to not come to my last thing was he was napping.

--My downstairs neighbors came! They seem really cool, though I felt bad sticking them into this huge pile of my work friends, who all know each other, but not them. And also ruining the store for them, because now they'll probably have to make small talk with people when they go there to buy anything. They seemed to enjoy themselves for the most part, though. And they brought me this delicious cookie thing!

--Elaine came! She's another person who's always seemed on the verge of coming to one of my things but hadn't. I think part of the problem is that she lives in "the Pain" as she calls it, and has a bit of a commute. But I was glad she came, and she brought me chocolate! And a card!

--Jazz Hands and her boyfriend came! They were totally fun! She is totally the only new person I truly like, I'm glad she came.

--Carmax brought some random dude who wasn't her husband, it was a little weird. I was really glad to see her though! She promised to hang out with me more in the future! It was pretty funny, both her and Sista could not find the place (it is freakin' dark on my street, and had to phone me to tell me to come outside and make the place known to them).

--Sista came! And we weren't out of margaritas by then, like I was worried might happen, so yay! She's also going to have something soon for her *sniff* going away.

I was pretty glad to have so many friends, and not only that, ones willing to hang out with me. I was a little pissed that Jersey didn't show up, because he's ditched me before several times and I was all like, "you bettter come this time or else." And then he didn't. But he has mono. So... a little less crappy that he just didnt' show up. I kind of am annoyed I burned some stuff for him, though. Now I'll have to bring it to work and have it stickered and all that hoo ha.

People liked my music! I was surprised, usually they just make fun of it, but I got a few appreciative nods and a couple all out, "yay!"s. I think it's because I filtered out all of the emo and kept the Ben Folds level moderate.

I did end up with more tequila than margarita mix, and let everyone know they could use my fruit punch with it and have a "Puncho Villa," as invented by the man who came up with the Cosmonaut (see below), but they all declined. Some were good with non alcoholic beverages anyway.

And because you know it isn't a party until you've gone to the sex offender registration website, we did that as well. This was to see if my creepy across the hall neighbor was one, which many suspect. Mouse and downstairs neighbors have both told me horror stories. Thankfully, we did not find him on there. Though that just might be because he's so good at it he never gets caught. So.... I'm thinking of inventing a burly boyfriend to keep him away from me.

And now I'm back to sitting around my place in the dark in my underwear again. But wearing makeup this time!

0 comments: